4.16.2013

Choosing Thankfulness.

As I sit at Les Schwab waiting for my tire to be fixed, I had some time to be thankful. Mostly, thankful that I can find peace and hope in the knowledge of Who rules the world. Thankful that I don't know everything but, my Lord does.  Thankful for His mercy dumped out onto us so freely and abundantly.  And thankful that He will bring justice and judgement for the evil acts that happened yesterday in Boston.  My heart can not hold the pain and sadness I see in this world and I am thankful that I don't have to.  It would be very, very easy for me to complain, be angry, and vent my frustrations (I fight my human nature to do so). Instead, I focus on the following words and make some choices. Choices to not be anxious or fearful, to be thankful, and talk to God about everything.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

No comments: