4.23.2013

How to support your husband in 1 easy step!

This morning, I prayed something bold.  My request was that my husband would love the Lord more than his family, more than me.
LUKE 10: 27
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind
MATTHEW 22:37
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 
DEUTERONOMY 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
MARK 12:30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
When something is repeated multiple times, I listen.  In one simple act of obedience, love and support, we can pray this over our husbands.  That's it, just pray for your husband (or husband to be).  Pray that your husbands heart would be captured to love the Lord with all his soul, strength, and mind.

I want my husband to deeply know God more than anything else on earth.
I want my husband to find strength in the supernatural power of our God.
I want my husband to seek wisdom from the Almighty who has seen and heard it all from the beginning of time.
I want my husband to know the character of God and to strive to be more like Christ.

When my husband takes on the character of Christ, whoa Baby.  My Man is the sexiest thing on earth.  Go ahead, shout Amen, Lady Friends!  There is nothing more attractive to me than when my husband displays Godly character.

I challenge you Girlfriends, pray over your husbands daily.  Let me repeat... every single day, pray for your husband.  They fight battles we will never understand as women.  Our husbands have been established as the leaders of our home (Ephesians 5:22-33) and we need to come alongside of them to support them as best we can.

I understand some of you reading this may not have a strong marriage.  You may be at the end of your rope and ready to call it quits.  Take on my challenge.  Begin to pray over your husband, over your marriage.

There also may be someone reading this who has not yet met her Prince Charming.  You can still be praying over him!  (God knows exactly who he is, where he is and when you two will meet!  How exciting is that?)


I came across this great way to pray for your husband "from head to toe", by Sharon Jaynes:
Dear Lord, today I pray for my husband, from head to toe.
  • His Head –That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)
  • His Mind – That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
  • His Eyes –That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)
  • His Ears – That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)
  • His Mouth – That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:14)
  • His Neck –That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)
  • His Heart-That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5;  Proverbs 3:5)
  • His Arms-That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)
  • His Hands-That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)
  • His Ring Finger – That he will be true to our marriage vows and that our love will never wane. (Proverb 3:3; Malachi 2:16)
  • His Legs – That he will stand firm in his faith and not waver. (Psalm 62:6)
  • His feet – That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)
Who will join me in lifting up our husbands in prayer?  One simple step, prayer.  Would you please comment below if you will join me in this challenge?  I would love to pray over you and your marriage.
Lets watch God do His impossible things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will pray for my own future husband, thank you for posting :)

Anonymous said...

I will join you.